Haemorrhoids (or piles) are enlarged blood vessels, inside or around the bottom (anus and lower rectum).
How are they caused?
- Poor diet (lack of fibre intake)
- Constipation, therefore excessive straining on the toilet
- Being overweight/obese
- Regular lifting of heavy objects
- Persistent vomiting or cough
- Long periods of sitting down
- Age – as you get older, your body’s supporting tissues get weaker
- Pregnancy can increase pressure on pelvic blood vessels
- Family history
What are the symptoms?
- Redness, soreness and swelling around the back passage
- Itchy bottom
- Bleeding or discharge from the anus
- Lumps hanging down outside of the back passage
One treatment for haemorrhoids is Rafaelo, which is a safe and established minimally invasive procedure. It uses radio frequency ablation to eliminate any symptoms and reduce the size of the haemorrhoid.
What are the benefits of Rafaelo?
- Day-case procedure
- Minimal post-operative pain and care
- Immediate return to daily activities
- Can be used to treat all grades of internal haemorrhoids
- Good long-term results
You can book your private Rafaelo treatment for haemorrhoids in Manchester with Mr Stylianides and your procedure can be done at Spire Manchester hospital or BMI The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle. For further information or any questions at all regarding your Rafaelo, do not hesitate to contact us.